Network Services Orchestrator (NSO)

Business Challenge :

Traditionally in a Network Management stack, OSS/BSS were 80% and Proprietary Network Management Software’s were framed in the rest 20%. With the Network evolution – the OSS/BSS and Network Management Software are merging into one Lifecycle Network Service Orchestration (LSO) framework.

Traditional Network Management Software are incapable to keep up with the demands on the network operators. Every year, the underlying hardware keeps evolving (e.g. Fabric path, SDN controllers), the number of networking vendors increase and the communication methods (E.g. CLI, API, SNMP, NETCONF) keep changing. In many companies, the developer who wrote the expects or TCL scripts left the company and every simple change becomes a new project. Ultimately, network operators are resorting to spreadsheets to maintain VLAN numbers, Router credentials, firewall Policies etc.

Winning Solution :

DFX- The Network Service Orchestrator [NSO] uses the concept of abstraction to simplify the task of configuring multiple network elements. For example, let’s say the operator has to create a VLAN for a specific application. In the traditional approach, the operator has to login to each and every router and configure using CLI or GUI. On the other hand, a Network Service Orchestrator automatically discovers the network topology and all the dependencies for creating a VLAN. It auto-generates the CLI or API calls for each vendor device and executes an atomic transaction across all devices. DFX simplifies the Network provisioning by translating the Service requests, maintain the database of the devices and provisioning the full stack of end-to-end Service chain. DFX also exposes the REST APIs; in order to pull the Network related information for BS